Seriously. I’ve hated cheese my entire life. Can’t stand it. Cheddar cheese, American cheese, and Swiss cheese make me gag. While there’s almost certainly a psychological dimension to my hatred of cheese – I like Italian food even with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese – it’s also based on flavor to some extent, so I really can’t help it.
I was eating lunch with someone and ordered a turkey club. I specifically said, “No cheese,” but as is often the case, my sandwich came back with cheese (stupid restaurants). I removed the bright yellow American cheese, then started eating. I couldn’t figure out why this ordinary turkey club tasted so bad. I assumed the meat was rotten and stopped eating it. When I saw that some of the turkey looked funny, I initially thought my suspicion of bad meat was confirmed. Then I investigated more deeply and learned that the discolored turkey was Swiss cheese. A-ha! Once it was removed, I was happy.
The person with whom I was eating was eating a sandwich with cheese. It was too much for me to handle. How could she justify her love of cheese? I don’t like it. In fact, it makes me physically sick to eat it, so her eating of cheese is an abomination. Why? Because that’s how I feel, and that’s what matters. I hope she eventually pays for her crime against humanity by being thrown in a bonfire.
Three questions for the peanut gallery:
- Am I a bad person for hating cheese?
- Assuming the answer is no, am I therefore necessarily correct that you should suffer dire consequences for eating cheese yourself?
- Again, assuming the answer is no, am I a bad person for hating those that eat cheese (because they eat cheese)?
I also prefer chicken bits to chicken wings. I don’t eat bones. I also think it’s gross to eat the fat, and you’re an evil person if you do.
Follow me on Twitter @RobertEBodine
- Some Weiner headlines to avoid - washingtonpost.com/blogs/compost/… 16 hours ago
- All That Matters to #Rob #politics is out! paper.li/RobertEBodine ▸ Top stories today via @MicheleBachmann 18 hours ago
- @pseckler You're a mysoginist! :-) 1 day ago
- Where's the #nudity? Our nonissue of the day. Damon Lindelof admits the #StarTrek nudity was "gratuitous" - io9.com/damon-lindelof… 1 day ago
- #SupremeCourt Takes on #Constitutionality of #Prayer at #Govt Meetings - CourtSide - blogs.findlaw.com/courtside/2013… #SCOTUS 1 day ago